Thursday, February 23, 2023 1 PM EST | 150 Minutes
This session is completed. If you would like to inquire about accessing a recording, please fill out the form on this page.
Green Check’s Cannabis Banking Bootcamp is a two-hour intensive course, followed by a half-hour optional special topics session, that prepares banking professionals to engage with the legal cannabis industry. Taught by Green Check’s subject matter experts, and regulatory professionals that have worked with nearly 100 banks and credit unions to develop efficient and profitable cannabis programs, you will gain practical insight into the realities of banking the industry.
The Fundamentals of Cannabis Banking (120 minutes)
- Essential terminology: cannabis/marijuana/hemp, THC/CBD
- The cannabis market opportunity in the U.S.
- Defining cannabis businesses and identifying their needs
- Federal and state cannabis law, guidance, and regulations
- FinCEN’s 2014 marijuana banking guidance: what you need to know
- Locating and onboarding cannabis businesses
- Ongoing monitoring and working with your examiner
- Copies of all presentation materials
- A cannabis banking policy template
- A copy of the sample financial model developed during the session
- A copy of the sample risk assessment questions
- 90-day access to a recording of both sessions
Who Should Attend:
- Board members
- Compliance and risk officers
- Branch operations managers
- Business development teams
- Lending officers
- Marketing and communications teams