April Cannabis Banking Bootcamp
Thursday, April 20, 2023 1 PM ET | 150 Minutes
This session is completed. If you would like to inquire about accessing a recording, please fill out the form on this page.
Green Check’s Cannabis Banking Bootcamp is a two-hour intensive course, followed by a half-hour optional special topics session, that prepares banking professionals to engage with the legal cannabis industry. Taught by Green Check’s subject matter experts, and regulatory professionals that have worked with over 130 banks and credit unions to develop efficient and profitable cannabis programs, you will gain practical insight into the realities of banking the industry.
The Fundamentals of Cannabis Banking (120 minutes)
- Essential terminology: cannabis/marijuana/hemp, THC/CBD
- The cannabis market opportunity in the U.S.
- Defining cannabis businesses and identifying their needs
- Federal and state cannabis law, guidance, and regulations
- FinCEN’s 2014 marijuana banking guidance: what you need to know
- Locating and onboarding cannabis businesses
- Ongoing monitoring and working with your examiner
- Copies of all presentation materials
- A copy of the sample financial model developed during the session
- A copy of the sample risk assessment questions
- Access to the full recording of the session
Who Should Attend:
- Board members
- Compliance and risk officers
- Branch operations managers
- Business development teams
- Lending officers
- Marketing and communications teams
Anecdote – Why Did We Choose This Date?
4/20 is a cannabis culture “holiday” of sorts. Read more about the history behind this particular date here.
Co-Founder and VP of Knowledge
Green Check Verified
VP, Banking Programs
Green Check Verified
Business Banking Lead
Vermont Federal Credit Union
Liz was born and raised in Vermont. She has been with Vermont Federal Credit Union since 2013. Rolling out the Cannabis program here at the Credit Union has by far been the most rewarding job she has at VFCU. In her free time, you can find her spending all her time with my family and friends, but especially with her 1 ½-year-old son. She is a crazy cat lady of 4 cats that enjoys crime junkie shows, mac and cheese, attending sporting events, and going to local breweries. She is a type A person, however, being able to collaborate with other professionals is something she thrives off.