Thursday, October 26, 2023 1 PM ET | 150 Minutes
This session is completed. If you would like to inquire about accessing a recording, please fill out the form on this page.
Taught by Green Check’s subject matter experts and regulatory professionals who have worked with over 140+ community, regional, and national financial institutions to develop compliant, efficient, and profitable cannabis programs, you will gain practical insight into the realities of banking the industry. We will host an additional half-hour featuring one of our financial institution partners, who will share insights about their cannabis banking program.
The Fundamentals of Cannabis Banking (120 minutes)
- Essential terminology: cannabis/marijuana/hemp, THC/CBD
- The cannabis market opportunity in the U.S.
- Defining cannabis businesses and identifying their needs
- Federal and state cannabis law, guidance, and regulations
- FinCEN’s marijuana banking guidance: what you need to know
- Locating and onboarding cannabis businesses
- Ongoing monitoring and working with your examiner
- Copies of all presentation materials
- 90-day access to the recording
Since we launched our Cannabis Banking Bootcamp in 2021, we have registered 3,075 individuals including at least 2,465 bankers. We’ve seen registrations from 1,279 companies including 952 financial institutions.
Who Should Attend:
- Board members
- Compliance and risk officers
- Branch operations managers
- Business development teams
- Lending officers
- Marketing and communications teams