Thursday, November 30, 2023 1 PM ET | 60 Minutes
This session has completed. If you would like to inquire about accessing a recording, please fill out the form on this page.
As the majority of U.S. states now have some form of legal cannabis program, and cannabis reform is being freshly debated at the federal level, it’s critical for financial institutions to stay on top of the legal and regulatory landscape around cannabis banking — whether they are currently offering services to the industry or not.
To provide banking leaders with a consolidated and highly informative overview of the most significant changes taking place, we are hosting the complimentary webinar “Cannabis Banking: November 2023 Legal and Regulatory Update.”
Hosted by Green Check experts, with input from examiners and a top law firm, this one-hour event covers the following topics:
- The status of federal legalization efforts:
- SAFER Act
- Re-scheduling recommendations and the impact on the industry for both financial institutions and cannabis operators
- State updates: legalization, expansion, growth
- Recent comments from the examiner community
- Current risks for financial institutions serving cannabis-related businesses
- Opinions on how the compliance obligation may change with broader legislation
- How to future-proof a cannabis-banking program
Additionally, this event incorporates question breaks throughout to answer the questions most relevant to your institution.
- Copies of all presentation materials
- 90-day access to the recording
- Board members
- Compliance and risk officers
- Branch operations managers
- Business development teams
- Lending officers
- Marketing and communications teams
Looking to further your cannabis banking education? Check out our accredited course through Bankers Web!