Cannabis Banking in Vermont: Market Overview and Fundamentals
Recorded On: Thursday, June 30, 2022 2 PM EST | 60 Minutes
Thank you for your interest in our webinar. Since this webinar has already occurred, you can fill out the form to access a recording of the webinar and download the presentation. The description of this webinar is below.
Vermont adult-use cannabis sales plan to start in October 2022. Sales estimates predict that medical and adult use combined will amount to: $117.9 million in 2023, $235.5 million in 2024, $244.3 in 2025 and $222 million in 2026.
Vermont encourages financial institutions to provide financial services to cannabis businesses, but many are discouraged by the perceived regulatory and compliance burden of doing so, as well as questions around how to create a scalable, profitable program.
Accordingly, on June 30th from 2pm to 3pm, the Vermont Bankers Association and Green Check Verified will present “Cannabis Banking in Vermont: Market Overview and Fundamentals,” a complimentary, one-hour virtual presentation that arms Vermont banking professionals with the knowledge they need to engage with the legal cannabis industry in Vermont.
Taught by Green Check Verified subject matter experts — with experience building and scaling cannabis lines of business with over 100 U.S. financial institutions —this three part educational event covers the following topics:
Session 1: The Fundamentals of Cannabis Banking
- Essential terminology: cannabis/marijuana/hemp, THC/CBD
- The cannabis market opportunity in the US
- The cannabis market opportunity in Vermont
- Defining cannabis businesses and identifying their needs
- Federal and state cannabis law, guidance, and regulations
- FinCEN’s 2014 marijuana banking guidance: what you need to know
- Locating and onboarding cannabis businesses
- Ongoing monitoring and working with your examiner
- Case Study: Quantifying Risks and Rewards – Financial Modeling and Risk Assessment Exercise.
Session 2: Special Considerations in Vermont
The Vermont legal cannabis industry comes with its own particular challenges and opportunities. In this session, we will explore the current state of Vermont cannabis market; where that market is headed; and what financial institutions in Vermont need to understand to grow with this industry safely and effectively.
- Copies of all presentation materials
- A cannabis banking policy template
- A copy of the sample financial model developed during the session
- A copy of the sample risk assessment developed during the session
- 90-day access to a recording of both sessions
- Board members
- Compliance and risk officers
- Branch operations managers
- Business development teams
- Lending officers
- Marketing and communications teams